CAMWorks – Intelligent machining made easy
CAMWorks is a 3D feature-based CAM Technology that optimizes CNC programming and machining to a new level. To achieve this high level of complex hands-free programming, CAMWorks imparts most intelligent machining techniques through automation.
CAMWorks offers advanced solutions for:
- Tolerence Based Machining
- 2.5 Axis, 3 Axis, 4 and 5 Axis Prepositioning
- 4 and 5 Axis Simultaneous Milling
- 2 and 4 Axis Turning
- Mill-Turning Machining
- Rotary Milling
- 2 and 4 Axis Wire EDM
- CAMWorks Costing
- Knowledge-based machining allows you to capture and reuse your programmers’ and machinists’ best programming practices using the Technology Database, TechDB™ reducing programming time by as much as 80%.
- What differentiates CAMWorks from other software is the ability to store machining strategies feature-by-feature, both multi-surface features and prismatic features, and then reuse these strategies to reduce machining time significantly.
- Feature-based machining: No profiles or chains
- Feature-based machining reduces programming time by as much as 90% compared to traditional profiles, and chains based 3 axis CAM software because strategies for multi-surface features can be stored and reused automatically for multiple rough and finishing operations.
- Our patented Automatic Feature Recognition (AFR) automatically recognizes over 20 types of prismatic features in native format or neutral file format solid models. This capability is ably complemented by Interactive Feature Recognition (IFR) for recognizing complex multi-surface features, as well as contains and avoids areas, quickly and easily.